Thanks to http://living4bliss.wordpress.com/ for the kind nomination for the Inspiring Blogger Award! I’m new to WordPress so I didn’t know that these lovely little acknowledgements make the rounds among users. Rules of the award require me to:
1. Thank the person who nomiated me.
2. Write 7 things about myself.
3. Nominate 7 other blogs.
The title of the blog where my nomination came from is Mental Health Food. She writes honestly and from the heart. My personal favourite is ‘Out of Darkness‘ and although I may not fully agree, there is the the brutally honest and funny ‘5 Common Parental Delusions‘. Many thanks to Ms Bliss for sharing the love.
7 things about myself
1. Going to the movies alone is one of my favourite things.
2. I hate writing things about myself, which is ironic because I love writing my blog.
3. I’m devastated about last night’s election results and have real concerns about the future of public education for the poorest, most marginalised, most traumatised and those with mental illnesses.
4. No mater how hard I try, I cannot cook steak or salmon. ALWAYS under or over cooked.
5. I am just starting to learn that even though I have a great deal to learn and I am, essentially, a rookie, I am really good at my job.
6. I am a bit jealous of journalists and secretly wish I was one.
7. The idea of entering politics has entered my head many times over the years. But I’m scared they’ll find out about that time I smoked pot in my teens AND inhaled.
Most of my nominations come from my followers, some parenting blogs and a few who are also bloggers about their lives with twins. I find these blogs inspiring because I can see others doing it with a smile, making it through with flying colours and it reminds me that yes, they grow up, get toilet trained and it gets funner and funner.
Dishes Can Wait (hope it’s OK to nominate a non WordPress blog?)