I made it. I have (mostly) adhered to my new drinking rules since Christmas Eve. Yay me! Here’s what I learned…
1. If you replace alcohol with ice cream you will not lose any weight.
2. Not drinking alcohol on school nights makes getting up the next morning easier.
3. Total abstinence won’t work for me.
4. I still love wine.
5. I miss blogging with wine.
6. I can not drink for days and days and it’s totally fine.
7. You can break your own rules a few times. Really, it’s fine.
8. Not drinking alcohol every day saves money.
9. Drinking every day was completely habitual and did not add anything positive to my life.
10. This is a totally lazy post.
This was a great experiment, long overdue and I enjoyed doing it. I am planning on changing my drinking rules permanently. No more drinking every day. Very little or no drinking in front of the kids. Very infrequent or no drinking at the family dinner table. Pretty much no drinking on school nights. All rules subject to bending when needed.